Sunday, October 18, 2009

Redemption

Last night we went to the David Crowder concert at the Christian Faith Center. Here were a few observations on the night:

  1. The church is made up of a bunch of weird people. I guess that’s an open invitation! :-)
  2. The Christian Faith Center and Casey Treat SO rub me the wrong way. They have a bookstore in their mammoth multi-million dollar structure with an entire section (like most of the store) of Casey and Wendy Treat books on health, wealth and prosperity – as if God is a genie waiting to grant us our three wishes. It really bothers me when people exploit the gospel and use it for their own profit. I hate that people who don’t believe in God see public leaders like that as a picture of Christianity. That’s not what it’s about. But, Scripture says that God uses the foolishness of men to accomplish His purposes, so if He can use the fool typing this right now, then He can work through (and sometimes, despite) any of us.
  3. When I raised my hands to clap above my head, my arms jiggled. That will be all the motivation I need to work out this week.
  4. And, finally, the important stuff…best lyrics of the night: “After all falls apart, He repairs, He repairs.” (David Crowder, The Glory of It All). Redemption – the heart of the gospel, and God’s heart for us. I can’t believe how many women tell me on a weekly basis that they’ve lost a child to miscarriage or stillbirth or struggled with years of infertility. I believe that God can…and more than that, LOVES...to redeem the horrific, seemingly helpless situations in our lives and make them something beautiful! So, all of you ladies whose goal pants are maternity jeans and hearts' desires are contentment and healing, believe that with me today! God is a God of redemption…”after all falls apart, He repairs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment