Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thankful Rocks #4, #5 and #6

#4. Family – I know I’ve said it so many times, but we love our families and we’re so thankful for them.

#5. Friends – talk about a support network! We are blessed, and we praise God for the encouragement of our friends.

#6. Zachary – our firstborn son.

My Baby Boy,

How can it be that four months have gone by without you? Four months since I smelled your newborn baby smell? Four months since I cradled you in my arms…examined your hands and feet…kissed your nose…sang to you? I’d love to say that time has healed my heart significantly, and maybe it has, but I miss you so, so much. At times I am utterly overwhelmed by the fact that I have to live the rest of my life on earth without you.

Lately I have been mourning the fact that I won’t get to know who you are…what you like and dislike and everything that makes you you. But I know that all of that stuff is really just about me. You’re perfectly content, safe in the arms of God. You will never know pain or hunger or sadness. You went from perfect safety inside me to heaven! How my heart longs so intensely to be with you, though.

You have given me such a gift, Zachary – I now have no fear in death. I know God has more for me to do here, but I can’t wait to be with you in heaven! Your life has eliminated any apprehension about dying and what’s to come after life on earth is over. You have made me truly realize that this is not as good as it gets, and that heaven really is home.

I love you, my sweet, sweet baby.

Until We Meet Again, Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment